...many times a simple choice can prove to be essential even though it often might appear inconseqnetial.

Monday, December 18, 2006

Writing From a New Location


Greetings from the 5400!

I thought I'd write just a quick little note to let everyone know that I made it to the 5400. I realize the picture above is as cheesy and corny as all getup, but it was no small feat to get out of my old apartment (I had a TON of help from Abbey and Dan, I wouldn't have been able to do it without them). The funny thing is (not funny, "haha" funny, but funny, none-the-less) on Saturday morning, as I headed up to my apartment after a quick trip to the store to get breakfast for my moving crew, and after a long night of cleaning and doing things like soaking my blinds in the bathtub and trying to wax as many floors as possible while still living in the apartment, my landlord pulled me aside to let me know that he probably wouldn't be around during my appointed check out time. He said that he trusted the apartment would be cleaned well enough and that I could just leave the keys on the kitchen counter. After all the sneering and knitpicking, he didn't even look at the place before I left. I know I shouldn't complain...but all that stressing and scrubing the baseboards with a friggin' toothbrush was really for nothing. Although it wouldn't suprise me if that's not the last I hear from my landlord; it really wouldn't surprise me if I got a note in the mail telling me about extra charges or some crap like that. I didn't even have a chance to attempt to negoiate some of my deposit back, so I better not hear from him, but I won't second guess that.

While Trout's at work today, I get to try and upgrade the apartment from complete and total disaster area to (at the very best) cluttered and crowded. I'll update more later, and I still promise to have better pictures of the haircut very soon ( I realize this picture isn't the best representation, but it's something, right?), but in the meantime, I need to run to the bank to set up new accounts so I can spend money other the imaginary money on my credit card.

I still can't quite believe that I get to live with Trout, but I'm finally here, safe and sound, and I couldn't be happier. Good times! Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Blogger dirk.mancuso said...

Congrats on the move and best wishes to you and the new roomie!

Much luck with the unpacking (a horrible job second only to the actual packing).

3:59 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home