...many times a simple choice can prove to be essential even though it often might appear inconseqnetial.

Monday, December 11, 2006

Packing: Day Two

I realize posting about packing may not be the most exciting thing in the world, but, in all honesty, I need something to do other than sit in front of my TV while I wrap my more fragile belongings (ie my glasses and dishes) in newspaper and then into large Rubbermaid totes.

So far I’ve packed all but six days worth of clothes and all of the dishes, pots, pans and utensils I won’t be using again while I live in this apartment. I think I’ve done fairly well for a day’s work, and the sun’s just starting to set. The frustrating thing is because all that I’ve packed is usually hidden away in closets and cupboards, my apartment looks more cluttered than it was before because I now have more boxes and suitcases out in the open. Before the night is over, I’m hoping to box up the odds and ends that were out before the additional boxes emerged, in an effort to keep the apartment under control.

My landlord stopped by this morning to let me know the bug guy was on his way up and looked nervously into my apartment. Just as he was always worried I (or any of his tenants, for that matter) would somehow destroy the historic integrity and overall condition of the apartment, I have a feeling he is worried I’m going to leave him with a huge laundry list of things to clean up, only after he’s discovered I really have destroyed some part of the apartment. Perhaps this is a fear of any apartment manager, and maybe it’s just a happy little quirk my landlord has. Either way, as far as I know, everything in the apartment is intact and I fully intend to leave the place cleaner than when I moved in.

Tomorrow I’m actually taking a break from the apartment to run some errands (which mainly consists of buying things directly related to the move). The afternoon, however, will be spent filling all the holes in the walls left by my picture hangers and curtain rods as well as scrubbing the kitchen and bathroom floors and probably the walls. It doesn’t feel like it now, but I really, really hope this is going to make Friday night and Saturday morning really, really easy.

Saturday can’t get here fast enough. That first night in the 5400 is going to feel so good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home