...many times a simple choice can prove to be essential even though it often might appear inconseqnetial.

Sunday, December 10, 2006

Let the Packing Begin

Friday was my last day at YB. I don’t know if it’s really set in that I don’t work there anymore. I have to stop in next Friday to pick up my paycheck, donate my TV and eat lunch at a café that, according to most of my coworkers, serves the best hamburgers in the city. It’s only six or seven blocks from my apartment and I’ve never been, so one of the program managers insisted that we go (for various reasons, we couldn’t make it last week). Knowing I’ll be back makes it harder to realize that I’m not staff anymore. Sleeping in on Monday will help, I'm sure.

So, now begins the arduous task of packing up my apartment in a manner that doesn’t cause me, or anybody who is helping me move, large amounts of stress. Other than a couple standing appointments, I have the whole week to devote to the process. Today will consist making lots of lists, and figuring out what I need in order to live for the next six days. If I don’t need it, it will be packed away in a box or tote.

I still feel confident that by the time Saturday morning rolls around, I will be very well prepared for the move. I think those who are helping me have their doubts, but I really am going to try and make this move as painless as possible.

Because getting the couch out of the apartment is going to be painful enough.

1 Comments:

Blogger dirk.mancuso said...

Oh, the joys of packing! I do not envy you. I still have boxes of crap I haven't unpacked since the last time I moved.

10 years ago.

Looking forward to hearing about your adventures in the new locale with the new job and the fella!

Much luck with the packing and safe trip.

10:46 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home