...many times a simple choice can prove to be essential even though it often might appear inconseqnetial.

Sunday, November 05, 2006

These People Know Me

While I’ve met a lot of amazing people since moving to Denver, there’s something uniquely wonderful about the people who knew me “way back when…” people who know my history, knew me before I was the person I am today.

I got to spend the weekend hanging out with one of my best friends from college, Sarah. We met our freshman year; we lived in the same residence hall and were on the Residence Hall Association senate together. We both applied to be RAs and ended up working in the same hall for the remaining three years we were at UW. For four years we lived, at the very most, 6 floors apart. We saw one another everyday, we took a spring break to our little hometowns together. Sarah really is, one of the nicest people in the entire world. She always has a smile on her face and she somehow has the ability to make me laugh and even squeal (shocking to even me!) like I’m a 16 year old. Even after five years, we are still finding strange similarities and parallels in each others lives. This also usually entails laughing and a little squealing. I love it, I miss that. And best of all, since she lives in Greeley and we now see how close we really are, we’ll hopefully be hanging out more.

We headed to a hockey game last night, but dinner lasted longer than we anticipated, and we never actually made it to the game. It didn’t matter though, we had a lot to catch up on, but at the same time it felt like it had only been yesterday since the last time we really talked. Even though we ate way too much food, both at dinner and breakfast this morning (at Snooze, of course!), and we couldn’t find the dueling piano bar after dinner last night, just walking around and talking was the perfect way to spend the weekend. Next up: a trip to Greeley! Woohoo!

1 Comments:

Blogger Abbey said...

Sounds like an awesome weekend Sweetie! Glad you two FINALLY got together!

4:40 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home