...many times a simple choice can prove to be essential even though it often might appear inconseqnetial.

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Secondly, A Recap

Alright, folks, it seems I’m back in a blogging mood. For tonight at least. Here’s a quick little rundown of the last week or so:
  • As previously mentioned, my little car needed some major front end work done to it. After dropping her off Monday morning, I got her back this morning all fixed up and ready to hit the road. I tell myself that she definitely drives much better now, even if I can’t really tell the difference. I tell myself I can notice it, so that moment when I handed over my credit card doesn’t seem as painful. I know the work needed to be done, but it’s not nearly as visible as some other repairs she gone through.
  • Work is still insanely busy. We had an abrupt staff change early last week and I am now almost solely in charge of a fundraising event that will have a guest list of around 300 and needs to raise figures in the 6 digit range. And this event is next Wednesday. On top of the fundraiser and all of my other “normal” workload stuff, I’m also in charge of three teenage interns. Most days at work, when I don’t feel exhausted, I feel like I’m always two steps away from feeling in control. I’ve started dreaming about work…not good.

On three much happier notes:

  • Trout came to visit this weekend. Any time spent with Trout is a good time. It should also be noted that time spent with Trout is never long or often enough. Luckily, he got Columbus Day off, and was able to stay until Monday morning. So even though I just complained it wasn’t long enough, it was a longer visit than a normal weekend, and I really am happy about that. I won’t go into a hugely long summary of all our activities, but they did involve a Grateful Dead bar, suit shopping, Jackass Number 2, Thai food, Snooze, and a 1500 piece jigsaw puzzle. Pretty much, perfect, except that whole I had to go back to work and he had to go back to the 5400.
  • With any luck, because one of my coworkers kicks some major ass and will cover for me, I won’t have to work an event (on a Saturday) in a couple of weeks, which means Trout and I can meet up in L-town to celebrate Abbey’s 21st birthday (something we’ve been talking about for over a year now), and to celebrate Trout’s “bestest manfriend’s” birthday as well. If it doesn’t work out, and I end up working, not only will I be sorely pissed off that I have to miss my sister’s birthday, but Trout and I won’t see one another until Thanksgiving. Cross your fingers and knock on wood that this works in my favor, I need the celebrating, people!
  • My mom is coming to visit this weekend. I have no idea what we’re doing yet (although I believe breakfast at Snooze is definitely in the works, I was serious when I said I could eat there everyday), but like I said, I really need all the relief and distraction from work as I can get, and the next couple of weeks are going to be really hectic in that category, so a visit from my mom is just the ticket. Can’t wait.

Okay, that's all I can give right now. The next few weeks promise to be very interesting, so that will either mean I'll have lots of stuff to write about or I'll just be too exhausted to write anything. You may see me soon, you may not. Sooner or later (but probably later) I will post about it all. You have my word.

2 Comments:

Blogger dirk.mancuso said...

I have my fingers crossed that the weekend works out for you. But only one pair of fingers.

Everyone knows that crossing both jinxes you. It's true.

9:00 PM

 
Blogger Kathryn said...

Thanks, Dirk. It's much appreciated on my end.

But that begs the question...if two people each cross one of their fingers for the same person, does that also jinx them?

Something to ponder for the weekend.

9:45 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home