...many times a simple choice can prove to be essential even though it often might appear inconseqnetial.

Monday, September 25, 2006

Celebrate

Tomorrow is Pancake Day (or at least it is in Denver). Normally I wouldn’t be excited about this, or even know about this random holiday (no matter if it’s incorrect or not—I realize that International Pancake Day is in February), but that was before I was introduced to Snooze.

Snooze is this restaurant a couple blocks from my apartment that serves amazing breakfast food. More specifically, it makes the most amazing pancakes. They serve everything from peanut butter and chocolate, white chocolate and raspberry, to the crème de la crème…pineapple upside down pancakes. I’ve always liked pancakes, but this place makes me want eat pancakes everyday for breakfast. They’re fluffy on the inside and crispy on the outside and served with flavored butters (like cinnamon or honey and ginger). In addition to pancakes, they also have omelets, burritos, fresh squeezed orange juice, and a tasty little dish called molten chocolate french toast (topped with bananas and walnuts).

Tomorrow, in celebration of Pancake Day, Snooze is serving 12 different kinds of pancakes. 12. Different. Kinds. Of. Pancakes. There was talk in the office today of an early morning breakfast meeting tomorrow. I realize it wasn’t an entirely serious conversation, but it seems unfair to Pancake Day to suggest something like the possibility of picking from a dozen different kinds of pancakes and then not follow through.

I’m keeping my fingers crossed.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you celebrate with pancakes this morning? My mouth was watering all day after I read the menu from Snooze. We will have to try it the next time we are down. How do you find these great places?

8:19 PM

 
Blogger Kathryn said...

I did indeed enjoy pancakes this morning (well it was more like brunch). Along with a breakfast burrito and deluxe hashbrowns, R and I shared a cinnamon roll pancake and a Neopolitan pancake. Delicious.

We will definitely have to try it next time you and Dad are in Denver. R actually found this place and then got everyone in the office hooked.

8:36 PM

 
Blogger dirk.mancuso said...

I really am not a pancake fan -- we made meals of those far too often growing up for my tastes -- but every now and again I get a craving for them.

After reading this, today is one of those days.

7:31 AM

 
Blogger Abbey said...

May I say that Snooze is unbutton-ingly good. I literally had to unbutton my pants after a serving of white chocolate chip/strawberry pancakes and a valid attempt to help dan clean his burrito plate. If you're in the area... Snooze is the place to be!

9:52 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home