...many times a simple choice can prove to be essential even though it often might appear inconseqnetial.

Thursday, August 31, 2006

The 5400 and My Philodendron

Not that I've done a great job lately about updating, but I thought I'd mention that everyone will have wait for a new post until after the holiday weekend. I know, I know, you're all thoroughly disappointed, but Tuesday will be here before you know it.

I'm headed to the 5400 tomorrow afternoon to see Trout, where that other important date he alluded to will be fully celebrated. We haven't really figured out what exactly that celebrating will look like, but it does deal with some nice wine and smoke Gouda tomorrow night. Delicious.

Since Dirk asked, (and because I can't for the life of me remember what I was going to write about) I also thought I'd update everyone on the house plant situation. The Philodendron made the trek from the office to my apartment with me earlier this week. It's now sitting happily on my coffee table (re-potted by yours truly) where I hope it will receive the sunlight it needs while I am away. I'm crossing my fingers that it's still alive when I come home sometime Monday afternoon/evening. The spider plant also survived the trip and is happily sitting on my kitchen table in a little bowl of water until its roots are big enough for it to be put in a more permanent home. So far everything is still green and very much alive. It could be an entirely different story in another four days. Cross your fingers and knock on wood, I'll need all the help I can get.

Alright, I'm off to go watch the regulars at this great little Italian dive sing karaoke while I eat yummy spaghetti with homemade noodles. Happy Labor Day Weekend, everybody!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home