...many times a simple choice can prove to be essential even though it often might appear inconseqnetial.

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

One Year

A little over a year after we first met, Trout and I started dating. In a series of events that could (to quote Trout, and to which I will completely agree) comprise a novel, our friendship finally turned into a relationship over Labor Day Weekend 2005.

To celebrate this milestone, Trout and I spent the weekend relaxing in the 5400. We drank wine and ate yummy cheeses (who knew there was decent brie out there, and it’s even better with Mango chutney on it) with Trout's new coworkers, some friends and family, hiked up to some gorgeous waterfalls and pools (pictures will follow this post because, well, let’s face it, I like showing off pretty pictures), played cards with Trout’s step-brother and his wife (Chad, you’re going down next time; Trout lucked out for second place with that last hand) and got Trout good and addicted to Lost. It was a perfect mix of activity and laziness that I think both of us desperately needed.

This weekend’s activities were, quite possibility, the polar opposite of what happened last year. I could launch into a very long post on what exactly went on last Labor Day that made it so freakin’ amusing. But out of respect for some certain people who were at a certain party at a certain person’s house in a certain college town, I shall refrain. I will, however, say that the evening’s entertainment involved Boon’s Farm, homemade watermelon wine and someone everyone lovingly referred to as Mrs. Boogie. Good times!

Looking back at this weekend’s events and where I’m at now and how that compares to a year ago, it hardly even seems like my life. I am in such a better place now, I can’t even believe it. The biggest changes in my life have happened in the last 12 months, and Trout and that fateful weekend last September was just the beginning.

Happy Anniversary, honey!

*******************************
It's also worth noting this is my 100th post. Thanks for humoring me and sticking with this little venture of mine for so long. Your support and continued interest in my occasionally entertaining life is much appreciated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home