...many times a simple choice can prove to be essential even though it often might appear inconseqnetial.

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Motivation

Since celebrating National Pancake Day, nothing blogworthy has really happened. I’m completely unmotivated at work. I put off grocery shopping through the weekend and this week, until Jenn and Phil came over for dinner last night, in which I realized the food in my house would not suffice for three people. I now realize that while I like to cook, I hate to grocery shop. I also hate to wash dishes. The pile created by last night’s dinner is still strewn about my kitchen. I like the satisfaction of having a clean kitchen, it’s just really hard to get the motivation to make it happen.

I don’t know if you can make yourself be motivated or if it’s just something that happens, but regardless, I’m going to make myself motivated this weekend. I have to make a trip to Target and a Hobby Lobby, two places fairly far away from my apartment. All rooms in my apartment also need to thoroughly cleaned. We’re talking dusting, vacuuming, mopping, scrubbing, the whole nine yards. Lastly, and certainly not leastly, I need to watch the commentary on seasons one and two of The Office. Oh yes, folks, it’s going to be a busy weekend. And enormously exciting to boot.

I think writing about it has already made me a little motivated to get this all done. Remind me to write about it again tomorrow night so this might actually happen.

On a side note, I think this is the most fragmented post I've ever written.

Oy.

2 Comments:

Blogger dirk.mancuso said...

THE OFFICE.

I am loving me some OFFICE.

Specifically Jim.

Hurry and clean so you can devote all your attention to the commentaries.

11:41 AM

 
Blogger Kathryn said...

Way ahead of you, but excellent advice, Dirk.

Apartment cleaned (except the kitchen)? Check.

Watched all the commentaries? Check

Loving me some Office, particularly Jim? Check and check.

10:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home