...many times a simple choice can prove to be essential even though it often might appear inconseqnetial.

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Unpacking: The Week (So Far) In Review

Since arriving in the 5400 on Saturday evening, I’ve spent the majority of my days unpacking and trying to find places to put all the stuff from the boxes. It’s been a daunting and arduous task, but progress has been made on several fronts, but there is still a lot of work to do. Here’s a little recap:

Sunday: Trout and I arranged the master bedroom closet so both his and my clothes would fit in the closet. This required a trip to Walmart in a nearby town to buy the organizational supplies that we needed. Both of us hated spending that much money at Walmart, but we truly had no other option; one of the few downsides to small town living. Miraculously, with summer clothes stowed in totes and suits and really formal clothes in the guest bedroom closet, everything we wear on a daily basis fits in one closet.

Monday: The master bedroom was completely de-cluttered and everything is now where it needs to be. The bathroom was also unpacked and organized. Thankfully Trout doesn’t have many toiletries, so that way all of my stuff could fit. While this doesn’t seem like a lot, it was nice to get two of the rooms completely done. Somewhere amongst the unpacking I did manage to get to bank to get my accounts set up.

Tuesday: Unpacked the living room. All of my books came out of their boxes (which had been in the living room since Trout brought them back from Denver after Thanksgiving). Unpacking the living room also meant rearranging the furniture so everything fits. With the exception of the kitchen totes, all the boxes have been unpacked. Of course this in no way means everything is in its proper place but at least the living room is now livable.

Today: The guest bedroom, which has served as a storage area until now, needs to be addressed. There is a bed in there, so I guess you could say it can serve as a guest bedroom, it’s just that it’s piled high with empty boxes and random other objects that don’t have a home yet. Trout’s kayak and guitars, camping and fishing gear and bike trainer are also all somehow stuffed into the room. This room isn’t going to be as big of a transformation as the other rooms, but it will at least improve a little bit.

The kitchen will come last because Trout and I have a lot of duplicate things and we still need to decide what we’re keeping and what needs to go. Unfortunately, until then, the kitchen is pretty much out of commission. This isn’t too big of a deal since we’ll be gone for such a long amount of time, and this way no food will go bad while we’re gone.

I tried posting some pictures earlier this morning of my new haircut, but for some reason, they haven’t shown up yet. I’m hoping they magically appear pretty soon, but if not, I’ll just post them again a little later. I don’t know if I’ll post again before Trout and I head out on our holiday adventures, so if not, Happy Holidays, everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home