...many times a simple choice can prove to be essential even though it often might appear inconseqnetial.

Sunday, July 09, 2006

An Update

As to not disappoint all 10 or so of my loyal readers, I feel the need to at least let you know I’m amongst the living.

After what could quite possibly be described as the longest and worst week ever (despite it only being a three day work week), I have retreated to the sanctuary of the suburbs. It’s been a tough couple of days, folks, and this coming week doesn’t promise to be any easier. All the problems of the previous weeks pale and are petty in comparison to what has happened this week. Recent events have simultaneously made me want to give up on the world and have left me strangely driven to continue to try and change/help improve my little corner of the world. I won’t go into any more details; this is neither the venue, nor do I have the energy to re-hash everything again. Most of you know enough to know what I’m talking about, anyway. For those of you who don’t, consider yourself lucky.

Staying in my PJs until 2:00pm, playing lots of Mario Kart, eating a lot of comfort food, watching hours of shallow-happy television, movies, and doing a little retail therapy have helped far more than I would have thought. Never underestimate the power of keeping your mind distracted. Tonight the distraction continues when a group of us (to belatedly celebrate Phil’s birthday) head into (or return to) the city to sing our hearts out at a karaoke bar.

Thanks to my friends and family for all their support this week, it is appreciated far more than you will ever know. I love you all and I wouldn’t have been able to keep my sanity if it wasn’t for you.

1 Comments:

Blogger david said...

k,

don't know what happened, haven't talked to p. but know this, kiddo - you strike me as someone with a pretty impressive reserve of inner strength.

whatever has come to pass, you'll be okay in time.

d

7:15 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home