...many times a simple choice can prove to be essential even though it often might appear inconseqnetial.

Monday, June 26, 2006

It's Only Monday

My week started at 5:00am this morning. I spent the day sitting at the ninth hole of a swanky golf course with one of our interns from work while semi-celebrities played in a charity golf tournament. Every year, YB provides the volunteer staff for this tournament and in return, a majority of the proceeds are given to us. Last year at about this time, I was given temporary, fulltime work at my previous employer to help plan their charity golf tournament. This year, all we had to do was show up. This is definitely the way to go.

Even though the most physical activity I did all day involved helping measure the longest putts of Broncos football players, newscasters, newspaper columnists and other people I should probably know, but don’t, I’m completely spent. Despite the sunscreen, sunglasses, hat, water, and umbrella, I still feel cooked. The thought of getting up tomorrow, running and then going to work sounds exhausting. I feel like a huge wimp.

On a much lighter note, while my week started earlier than usual, it will also end a little earlier and my weekend will last a little longer as well. My parents are coming into town on Thursday night. Jenn and Phil are taking them to Tom’s Home Cookin’ on Friday, and then we’re all off to the Denver Museum of Nature and Science to see the Body Worlds 2 exhibit. Since the 4th falls on a Tuesday, I also get a four day weekend. Trout is going to be down for part of my mini-vacation, and we’re going to celebrate our nation’s birthday by going to a Colorado Rapids Game and fireworks show with Phil (Jenn, unfortunately, has to work all day on the 4th, I wish you could come with us!).

I’m not sure what I’m doing in between the museum and the soccer game, it could involve watching a lot of World Cup (at Jenn and Phil’s or at the pub down the street), cooking my parents dinner at my apartment, or just a whole lotta nothing. I’m fine with any (or all) of them. For the time being, I think I’m just going to veg on the couch and watch the replay of the Italy/Australia game on Univision because American network television is bothering me tonight for some reason. Soccer’s more fun to watch in Spanish sometimes, anyway. ¡Que divertido!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home