...many times a simple choice can prove to be essential even though it often might appear inconseqnetial.

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Sick But, Somehow, Incredibly Productive

To make up for all of my health related maladies, those who are in control of the universe and such things were nice enough to give me an immune system of steel. I very rarely get sick, when the flu or other viruses spread around the residence halls or the office, more often than not, I would come out unscathed. I’ve been at YB almost six months and have managed to avoid everything germ-related that the throngs of youth have thrown our way. Until now. We’re two weeks into the summer session and I have a sore throat that won’t go away, a cough and I think my head is becoming more clogged by the minute.

This weekend I finally got around to buying curtain rods that will work with my windows. Along the way I also managed to pick up a copy of this and this to go with the only other wall hanging in my apartment. Despite a night of horrible sleep, I still managed to get a lot of things done today. I woke up this morning hung both pictures, three set of curtains, went shopping downtown with Jenn, picked up a couple pairs of flip-flops, cleaned my apartment and did my laundry that I’ve been putting off for almost a week. I even managed to catch most of the Australia/Brazil soccer game and finished my workout music mix (shoes came in the mail last week, I start running tomorrow).

Trout will be here tomorrow (which, in all honesty, is the main reason I cleaned the apartment) and on Tuesday we’re going to a baseball game with Jenn and Phil. Hopefully, after a good night’s sleep and a morning run, by the time Trout shows up tomorrow afternoon I’ll won’t be guzzling water and sucking on throat lozenges like they’re candy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home