...many times a simple choice can prove to be essential even though it often might appear inconseqnetial.

Friday, June 30, 2006

It’s About Friggin’ Time

Friday. It’s finally here. Not only is it Friday, but it’s also the beginning of a four day weekend. As the week slowly progressed, it managed to improve just a little bit everyday. And no matter how much the week improved, considering how it started, I'm just really glad it's not Monday anymore.

My delayed future boss and I went out for margaritas on Thursday night. We eventually ended up at the Italian dive across the street watching what can only be described as Chicano American Idol. The neighborhood is largely Mexican-Italian, and every Thursday karaoke is king. From what my boss told me, the same group of people sings every week. These people have their songs mastered; they sing their bad songs very well. Between the yummy drinks, and the Neil Diamond crooners, the edge from the week almost completely dissolved away. It was a good thing I didn’t have more to drink, otherwise, when one of the regulars started singing Poetry in Motion, I would have lost it like I did that night at the bar in the 5600.

My half day went by extremely quickly and surprisingly smooth. The workshops are slowly getting back on track, and hopefully by next week’s session, things will be where we want them to be. My parents, Jenn and Phil showed up a little after noon and we went to the Body Worlds 2 exhibit at the Nature and Science Museum. The exhibit itself was amazing. Being able to see the body in such a raw and naked form really makes you realize how simultaneously durable and fragile the human body is. Unfortunately, the exhibit (a traveling special feature), despite having been in Denver since the beginning of March, is still extremely popular. The space was packed with people almost from start to finish. The exhibit was laid out extremely well and despite all the people, it was still easy to maneuver around and see everything.

And despite the excellent end to me week, I’m glad to be enjoying the peace and quiet of my own apartment. Tomorrow I’m headed back to the ‘burbs to celebrate Phil’s birthday. Everyone will be back out at my place on Sunday for brunch (it will be the first time I’ve cooked for more than one person) and Trout rolls into town on Monday for the soccer game and fireworks on Tuesday. It is going to be a very good mini-vacation, so good I just may forget all about my week of Mondays.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home