...many times a simple choice can prove to be essential even though it often might appear inconseqnetial.

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Yep, You Guessed It

It was decided by a majority of my coworkers that today was indeed another Monday. It may have been upgraded to more of a Monday afternoon (still Monday, but with an end the crapiness in sight), but the fact remains it was still a Monday. Because of today’s events, tomorrow will be hectic (translation: possible Monday) and because I’m only working half of Friday that too will cause much chaos (translation: possible Monday). At least there’s a four day weekend coming up, and we all need this one.

Several things happened today as the result of one event. Some of these outcomes are positive, others, well they just plain suck, for lack of a more eloquent word. My mood has balanced itself out, so the drama of this week is slowly subsiding and I am able to accept it with a better attitude. With that being said, do you want the bad news or the good news first?

Let’s start with good news, shall we? Okay.

Good thing #1: I get my own office, again.

Good thing #2: Dirk, we no longer have to compete to see who has the more annoying coworkers/officemate. It’s all you, buddy.

So with the good things out of the way, you may have been able to figure out that, yes, my officemate is longer my officemate. This means two not so good things...

Bad thing #1: My officemate’s position will not be filled anytime soon, so I have to take over the Summer Workshops. I should also mention the kids who are attending these workshops are out of control because my officemate didn’t know how to manage them. At all. Now it’s my problem.

Bad thing #2: My promotion has been delayed and there is no real idea when it is actually going to happen now. I’m going to try and help with fundraising as much as possible, but with all the admin and accounting stuff I have to do on top of it, it won’t be nearly as extensive as I want. In essence, I’m back to where I was two months ago.

I’m really trying to keep a good attitude about this, I really am, but there’s only one thing that keeps running through my head right now.

Is it Friday yet?

4 Comments:

Blogger dirk.mancuso said...

It is with a heavy heart that I accept your concession in the most annoying co-worker competition. You were off to a ripping good start there, Kathryn. I swear on Stamos, I thought Melina had some serious competition.

And I sincerely mean it when I say I hope she is replaced by someone even more freakish and dysfunctional very soon.

12:01 PM

 
Blogger Kathryn said...

Does Melina have friends who talk in "cat language," because my officemate did. Oh how I wish Melina could still have company in the blogosphere.

But I swear Dirk, if you just jinxed me and I end up with a more freakish and dysfunctional officemate, I will hunt you down and destroy your Tinkerbell pillowcases.

12:55 PM

 
Blogger dirk.mancuso said...

***gasps in horror***

Destroy...my...satin...pillowcases?

You are one vicious pixie yourself, Kathryn...

9:57 PM

 
Blogger Kathryn said...

Rest assured, dearest Dirk, your pillowcases are safe as long as my office remains a vibrations free zone.

10:14 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home