...many times a simple choice can prove to be essential even though it often might appear inconseqnetial.

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Motivation

I’m sitting in my living room tonight, trying not to be too mopey because I’m now on the other side of my long and crazy fun weekend. As much as I want to chronicle everything that happened this weekend (because a lot happened for this socially deprived girl), I feel like this blog is becoming a bit monotonous. I don’t want it to become an “I did this, then I did this, and this and this” kind of thing. If I could get away with that, I would, I’m not a good enough writer to make that interesting all the time. If anything, I’ll post some of the pictures from this weekend so you all have some of idea of what went on.

In case any of you are going to hold me accountable for the things I say in this blog, I thought I would update you on my running. Yes, all you doubters out there, I am actually still running. I’ve even upped my distance slightly and don’t feel like I’m going to die nearly as early in my routine. I guess that’s what the professionals call “progress.”

The strange thing about this whole situation is what motivates me the most every evening. It’s true that I find it to be a good stress relief after work, which after last week and the weeks to come, is greatly needed. However, I’ve discovered that the main reason why a routine has been easier to create than I originally thought is, sheer boredom. Okay, so maybe boredom is too strong a word. Very rarely am I ever bored. Even though my social life may not be the most exciting thing in the world, I can usually find something to do.

Running has, on the other hand, given me another hobby. When I feel a bit restless, or I’m not sure what to do next, I now have another option. It gives me a reason to get out of my apartment and out amongst the living. Despite the ways I’ve found to spend my time, I realized I was missing a little of that; I live in this great neighborhood and I was missing out. I would have never guessed it would turn into something I could even classify as anything, let alone a “hobby,” but there you have it. Whatever works; I’ll take it!

2 Comments:

Blogger dirk.mancuso said...

I don't think your blog has become "and then...and then..." You mix it up pretty well. (And besides, you post pictures...oooooh, aaaahhhhh!)

Congrats on the running. I need to start jogging on a regular basis but by the time I eat that half gallon of ice cream and bag of peanut butter cups, I never feel like it. Think there is a correlation?

12:09 PM

 
Blogger Kathryn said...

Rosellen...running is definitely going to be a major outlet for me in the coming weeks. I'm thankful now more than ever that I have a new way to relieve stress.

Dirk...when all else fails, I will just post picutres! And I too have been known to eat huge amounts of ice cream (along with an entire bag of microwave popcorn) for a "snack", but the restlessness still manages to overthrow my terrible eating habits. Never underestimate the power of having nothing else to do.

12:23 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home