...many times a simple choice can prove to be essential even though it often might appear inconseqnetial.

Saturday, March 17, 2007

The Madness

I’m sitting watching that semi-wretched semi-remake of Bewitched with Will Ferrell and Nicole Kidman because my March Madness brackets are truly terrible. I can’t stand to watch anymore games in which my picks lose. Thanks Duke, Creighton, Illinois, Washington State, Maryland and Arkansas! And that’s just part of my list.

Huh…I forgot Steve Carell was in that movie…

Where was I? Oh right, my pathetic brackets. As you may all recall last year, I was in a pool at YB. One where money was involved, and where I had to count up the points, which only made my ultimate second to last place finish that much more painful.

This year I was invited to Trout’s family and friends’ bracket. Only allowed to enter one bracket, something bigger than money is at stake…pride is on the line…and apparently a trophy, but I have serious doubts it actually exists. The ol’ YB gang is also doing a bracket again, except this year, only one of us still works there. I have three brackets entered there, which is really helping my chances. I’m feeling okay about that.

However, the same cannot be said for the other game. For a brief and shining moment on Thursday night, I was in second, that’s right second, place. I was feeling pretty good about myself. Then VCU beat Duke in the first upset of the tournament and my bracket has steadily gone downhill since. Sure, sure, I’ve had a couple wins here and there but I’ve now sunk to last place. Last, friggin’ place. In a bracket with the most enthusiastic, passionate and lovingly sarcastic college basketball fans I’ve ever met. Hopefully I get invited back next year.

Oh, hey, look at that. Bruce Almighty is on now. Isn’t Steve Carell in that one too? Sounds like a good idea to me.

And to all of you I’m competing against, you should be thanking me because I’m making your lives just a little easier. You’re welcome.

Hasta.

1 Comments:

Blogger dirk.mancuso said...

I know nothing about brackets or basketball, but I know BEWITCHED sucked the big one. Nicole Kidman was a great choice for Samantha, but Will Ferrell as Darrin? Give me a break. Thought I loathe him, that role had Jim Carrey written all over it.

I read he bowed out over a disagreement regarding the movie's premise: he thought it should be an adaptation of the series, not the making of a movie mess it was.

Wise move, Jim.

9:28 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home