...many times a simple choice can prove to be essential even though it often might appear inconseqnetial.

Thursday, August 17, 2006

My Not-So-Green Thumb: Part II

Since the last time I tried my hand at a houseplant, I’m happy to announce that no other plants have withered and died in my care. I should also mention I haven’t allowed another plant in my apartment since the death of my primrose. Very impressive, I know.

I’m really hoping that, with my past planting experience, my second try at this is much more successful. For the last couple of weeks, I’ve been growing some plants at work. Well, not so much growing a snipping off sprouts from other plants in the office and allowing the roots to form in a Styrofoam cup full of water on my desk. By next week the plants should be ready to…uh…plant. This weekend I’m headed down The Ranch again (this time to help volunteer at one of Jenn’s events. There will be dogs there; I couldn’t pass this one up). While I’m there, I’m going to buy some potting soil and one more flower pot so my plants will have a home.

With the upgrade from Styrofoam cup to pot with deliciously nutrient soil, I’m crossing my fingers that my plants will just be so happy with a change of scenery that they’ll thrive and have long and happy lives.

Wish me (and them) luck!

2 Comments:

Blogger dirk.mancuso said...

I too am cursed with the "black thumb" when it comes to all things green. Which is sad, because you know how my people love ferns.

Much luck with the plants. Keep us updated.

11:37 PM

 
Blogger Kathryn said...

Dirk...I'll cross the fern off my list of possible birthday presents to get you. Way to ruin yet another stereotype.

I'm trying my hand at a spider plant, which I'm told are virtually indestructable. If this batch survives I'll post pictures.

9:09 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home