...many times a simple choice can prove to be essential even though it often might appear inconseqnetial.

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

[Untitled]

Sunday night I had all of these ideas floating around in my head about posts I could possibly write. Because I had already posted that day, I decided to wait and spread them out over the rest of the week. For once I wasn’t going to have to think about what I wanted to write about.

Monday started out well…as silly as it sounds, I really did want to write about the Goo Goo Cluster discovery. I don’t get out much, people; ice cream flavors are a big deal to me. The problem is, I really can’t remember any of the other so called “great” ideas I was going to cover.

On Sunday night, after watching a special on NBC with Tom Brokaw called Separate and Unequal, I felt compelled to write about the subject matter covered over that hour. The problem is, there are so many facets to the socio-economic/racial divide in America, I don’t even know where to begin or how to address it in a deserving light. I see this divide every day at work. Over the last 7 months I’ve become very aware of the problems this country faces, but few people are actually addressing. Despite seeing it firsthand, I still feel too inexperienced and uneducated to write a worthy post. Give me another six months and you might see me on my soapbox. Stay tuned.

And after that, I really have no idea what I wanted to write about. Even though the heat is subsiding just a smidge and the evening thunderstorms make my apartment a little more livable (and sleep-able), I still wake up most mornings feeling exhausted, even after 8 hours of sleep. I will blame my inability to remember simple things like what I was going to post about or what I was going to tell Trout during our nightly phone conversations, on a lack of quality sleep.

Thankfully, tonight is the coolest it’s been in weeks, so I’m hoping with all of my windows wide open, I may actually be able to sleep with covers. That would be a welcomed change. Hopefully it helps me upgrade my appearance from walking zombie to sleep deprived. I can only hope.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you invitied your landlord up to witness first hand how unbearable your apartment has become this summer? You could use your persuasive genious to convince him to install a window airconditioner this summer rather than next. Now that would be worth blogging about!

11:07 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home