...many times a simple choice can prove to be essential even though it often might appear inconseqnetial.

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Home, Sweet Home

Now it’s official. I’m sitting on the couch in my living room, having just watched Gilmore Girls and eaten a not so healthy meal of mac and cheese, tater tots and carrots (don’t worry Dad, I had garlic chicken, rice, and green beans last night), enjoying my new internet connection, soaking in the reality that is adulthood.

A million thanks to J, brother-in-law P, P, A and D for helping me move all of my stuff from the suburbs to downtown, through French doors, up a winding staircase, through a skinny hallway and through an equally skinny doorway into my new place. I left J and brother-in-law P’s house at 8:30 in the morning with everyone following behind shortly thereafter, and by 11:30 I was ordering pizza for everyone. I’d offer these guys’ moving services to everyone, but I don’t think they’d appreciate it, but trust me, they’re fast. After eating the traditional moving day meal of pizza and beer (and seriously, P, what am I supposed to do with the leftover beer, I’m a girl, we don’t drink beer), a long nap, an epic grocery shopping run, and several more evenings of unpacking and scrubbing down floors, I’m settled into my new home.

I made it, folks, and it feels great.

1 Comments:

Blogger Abbey said...

Hurray for your new home! I am so excited for you and so proud! You're fabulous and I can't wait until I one day have a place to call my own! Love you tons! ~abs

10:39 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home