...many times a simple choice can prove to be essential even though it often might appear inconseqnetial.

Friday, December 16, 2005

Merry Christmas to Me!

Okay, I told myself that I would never blog at work...but well dammit, some things just can't wait.

I am now officially one step closer to becoming a real, full-fledged adult. I have a (permanent) job! Yes, folks you read that correctly. No more temp work, I have a position that includes benefits and paid vacations and everything else that comes with a real job.

So really, the next time you talk to me you should totally ask me about the new job. Not only do I think they're great because they gave me a job, but they do amazing work and I am so happy that I get to be a part of the organization.
---------------------
Note: I had posted a link to my new place of employment, but as Mary Ann pointed out, that might not be the best idea. Sometimes annonymity is the best way to go. Now you'll just have to ask me if you want to know.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are going to have a fabulous celebration when you come home for Xmas break! All those weeks, days and hours of anxiety payed off. I am so happy and proud of you. Can't wait to see you all next week.

2:18 PM

 
Blogger mary ann said...

Congrats!

FYI: I don't know how anonymously you're trying to blog, but if you don't want the new office finding this space, it's a good idea to keep your address out of their referrer logs. (Good job on not writing the name for googlebots to find.)

2:51 PM

 
Blogger Rosellen said...

Hooray! What will you be doing?

3:21 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What are we going to do once you move out and we have a big, empty house to ourselves again? Who will I watch the Gilmore Girls with?! You'll come back and visit us down in suburbia, right?

3:34 PM

 
Blogger Kathryn said...

I'm the office manager/executive assistant. I basically get to work for all the departments--accounting, fundraising, assistant to the COO and manage all the general office...stuff. The organization is really small, I'm proud employee number 10, so it should be very interesting. It'll keep me on my toes, for sure.

3:43 PM

 
Blogger AJQ said...

K,

Congratulations! You rock.

6:40 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home