...many times a simple choice can prove to be essential even though it often might appear inconseqnetial.

Sunday, November 27, 2005

Thanksgiving: How We Roll

Well folks, the house has almost returned to its normal occupancy, the leftovers are almost gone, and with a stomach full of more tasty food and wine, I give you the rundown on Thanksgiving 2005.

11 maximum number of people staying in the house at one time. This included: the three usuals, my mom and dad, P, younger sister A, and brother-in-law P's father, sister and two brothers.

10 meals that included P's mom's crescent roles. This included breakfast, lunch, and dinner from the time P arrived Tuesday night until the rolls ran out Friday night at dinner.

8 bottles of wine drank over the course of the week. Pinot Noir....yummy!

4 places I slept over the course of the week. This included the neighbor's house where I was dog/house sitting, my own bed (for only one night which I shared with A), the floor of the living room, and the futon in the living room

4 sporting events watched. Red Wings won. Lions lost. Broncos won. Huskers won.

2 times P was cheered for wearing his Red Wings jersey in public, in Colorado, on the day of the Red Wings vs. Avalanche game. He was, however, booed countless times within the house. That's what you get for being the lone Red Wings fan in a house full of Avs fans.

1 victories in Trivial Pursuit 90's Edition. I owe this victory to P, who can remember the 90's with much greater detail than I can.

4 morning trips to Starbucks to feed P's caffeine addiction. I can't complain, I got peppermint hot chocolate out of the deal.

4 or 5 games of Apples to Apples played over the weekend. I didn't win any, but to all you out there, find this game and buy it, it's a good time.

1 meals I cooked almost entirely by myself. Thanks again to P's mom for the recipe, and for the cooking tips over the phone. Thai chicken with peanut sauce will now be a included in the meal rotation at our house. Also thanks to my mom, not only for her assistance, but for the reassurance that the meal really would turn out okay.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Excuse me while I go pass out in another food-induced coma...I love the holiday season.



1 Comments:

Blogger Abbey said...

8 Bottles of Wine... that's filthy! haha see you Friday night!
love ya ~little sister A

8:42 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home