...many times a simple choice can prove to be essential even though it often might appear inconseqnetial.

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

You Don't Know How Lucky You Are, Boys

Even though very few people are currently reading and/or are aware of this blog, I have to add another entry before I get this blog to look how I want it. Of course getting the blog exactly the way I want it will also entail letting people know I have a blog. So for those of you who don't get the notice that I have a blog until after I write this, you'll just have to backtrack a bit. Don't worry, it will be worth it.

I have been a Beatles fan since I was probably 12 or 13, mayber earlier, I'm not entirely sure. My older sister, J, her best friend and I listened to Beatles music, read books about the Beatles, watched and taped the Anthology when it aired on TV and laughed hysterically at A Hard Day's Night and Help!. As a middle schooler I was mocked, during high school, the mocking subsided but the obssession remained. By the time I reached college, the fanatical relationship I had with the band waned, but without hesitation I can still claim they are my favorite music group, hands down, no questions asked.

Seven months ago, admist the choas that was my last semester at school, my older sister, future landlord and aforementioned fellow Beatles fan, found out Paul McCartney would be in Denver in November. Not being able to pass up the opportunity to see Paul in concert, I forked over the sizeable chunk of money for a ticket and before I knew it I was going to a Paul-freaking-McCartney concert!

Fast-forward to last night. And really to sum up my experience, all I can say is, I got to sing along to Beatles songs with Paul McCartney! J, who never, and I mean NEVER sings out loud, belted her little heart out. We got to naaaa na na nanananaaa in Hey Jude for like 5 minutes straight. The pyro-technics were so big and badass during Live and Let Die that from practically the back of the Pepsi Center, we could feel the heat from the flames. Almost all of my favorite Paul songs were covered; old, new, electric, acoustic, piano. I've Got a Feeling and Back in the USSR were just awesome to belt out at the top of my lungs. There were even some Wings songs that I could (sort of) sing along with.

I could seriously go on and on and on about this concert, but for the sake of everyone's interest, I will leave it at that. The concert was the pinnacle of my own little Beatlemania, worth every penny.

Yes, Sir Paul, I certainly did enjoy the show.

2 Comments:

Blogger Chris Sanders said...

Garber! I see Paul got you into blogging. I love the quote and it holds very true! It sounds like the Paul McCartney concert was a blast. I wish I could have been there!

I still have an adrenaline high from last night. I went with some people from the ski team to watch The Tangerine Dream. It’s a movie/documentary on extreme skiing. Watching those guys ski off cliffs and base jump down to the ground gave me a hard on! It was pretty intense! Check it out if it ever gets to Denver! Take care! -SANDERS

6:26 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey. Welcome to Blogging! I heard that you might want some help with your template. I'm happy to do it. Just send me an e mail...

12:16 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home