...many times a simple choice can prove to be essential even though it often might appear inconseqnetial.

Sunday, January 22, 2006

The Apartment: An Update

There have been some inquiries about my new place, and after this weekend I have made significant progress on being able to actually live in the apartment. So with nothing to do until the AFC championship game today (okay, I don’t really watch that much football, but the landlords and I have been invited to a little get together for it this afternoon), I figure now is a good time to do some more updating before moving gets to be too crazy.

The apartment is in the Curtis Park/Five Points area, about 10 or so blocks from LoDo (lower downtown) and the 16th Street Mall. I still have yet to find out where the nearest grocery stores, gas station, etc are located, but there’s lots of fun things located close by, so that’s a major plus, even if I have to drive to get the essentials.

Speaking of which, I went shopping yesterday for the essentials. I didn’t know the essentials would cost so much. I mean, wow. I knew there is such a thing as retail therapy, but retail anxiety? Yeah I think I developed a case of that yesterday. The look of slight fear on the checkers’ faces at Target (on two different trips) as I pushed my cart through their line let me know that it just didn’t feel like I was buying a lot of stuff, I was, in fact, buying a great deal of things. But, now that I’ve recovered from yesterday, I can say, with the exception of some other major ticket items (kitchen table, bookshelves and a little desk, but I can live without those for awhile), I am finished. Now all I’ll have to do is buy food and I can actually survive in my apartment once I move in.

So that brings me to the next inquiry. Color schemes. I have reddish, brown/tan earthy tones for the kitchen (I received some plates in those colors as a graduation present, so that was an easy enough decision to go with), neutrals (more tans/browns) and blues for the living room (pompason chair cushion is blue, had to work with that) and as for the bedroom, well my comforter is red with some pastel-y flowers on it, and my bed frame is black iron, but I haven’t thought too much about what to do in there. I also have some leftover items from dorm room living: blue striped rug (although smaller than the one I just purchased for the living room) and a big framed poster of an old French champagne ad that need somewhere to go. But I’ll worry about those when they’re actually in my apartment.

I spent yesterday packing up everything I just bought and will spend the rest of the week trying to find boxes to put everything else in (the boxes I had from my first move didn’t go very far). Next weekend (hopefully, if everything goes as planned) P, A, and her boyfriend D will be down to help me move. I’ll let you all know how that goes too. Stay tuned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home